This All-American chili is low in saturated fats, which makes it the best if you’re on a weight loss plan. It contains very few calories and will contribute to the shedding of weight.
- 6 ounces of turkey sausage ( Italian)
- 2 cups of sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon Cummins powder
- 2 tablespoons of ground chili
- 1 ounce sirloin, ground
- 8 sliced garlic cloves
- 1 cup green pepper, sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoonfuls of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar( brown)
- 1 teaspoon oregano( dried)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of table salt
- 1 1/4 cups of red wine
- 2 cans ( each 28 ounces)of tomatoes, roughly sliced and with their juice not drained.
- 2 cans(each 15 ounces) of kidney beans, fully drained
- 2 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese ( with reduced fat)
To every serving, sprinkle with the cheddar cheese.
- Heat oven on medium heat
- Mix onions, sausage, the sliced bell pepper, garlic cloves, minced sirloin, and jalapeño pepper in a pan. Cook until the sausage and the beef turn brown ( takes about 8 minutes).
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until the whole thing boils.
- Cover the pan and let to simmer for about one hour by reducing the heat.
- Remove cover and keep stirring for another 30 minutes as it cooks.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Serve later