Want to add a healthy tweak to the famous cauliflower? Well, we will give you a recipe of cauliflower with added broccoli for enhanced health benefits.
Cauliflower and Broccoli Gratin Recipe
- 1 large cauliflower
- 500 g broccoli
- 3 scallions sliced
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 1/4 cups 1% milk
- 2/3 cup aged cheddar or Gruyère cheese grated
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 2/3 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1. Make the cauliflower leaves and florets free and mix it with broccoli in a large pot of boiling water for 1 minute.
- 2. Drain the mixture and then put the scallions. Mix milk with cornstarch and pour them to the pot with the scallions. Make the mix boil and stir regularly to make it smooth.
- 3. Set the sauce out of the heat and add grated cheese, beaten egg, and half the quantity of breadcrumbs. Add the vegies and stir homogenously and season with some black pepper.
- 4. Have your oven preheated to 190 degrees Celsius. Put the veggies on the mixture and add to the new mix walnuts and breadcrumbs to be baked for 20 minutes.