This recipe is dedicated to the vegetarian lovers of the classic lasagna filling-ricotta with spinach and cheese and modify it by putting the main ingredients in roasted portobello mushroom caps. So if you are a big fan of healthy and quick recipes, this recipe will definitely be on your list.
Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Portobellos
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Great Value Salt, 26 ozIn
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- ½ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped kalamata olives
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¾ cup prepared marinara sauce
- Put the mushrooms with salt and pepper in an oven preheated to 450°F until roasted, which would take 25 minutes.
- In that time, you can mash ricotta, parmesan, olives, spinach, and the seasoning with pepper in a bowl. Microwave a small bowl of marinara for 1 minute as well.
- Wait for the mushrooms to be softened and then spread 1 tbsp of marinara on each cop. Put around one third cup of ricotta filling into each cap and sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top. Bake them for 10 minutes and serve them with the remining marinara sauce.