The perfectly “saucy” nature of the sauce makes it suitable to serve over fluffy and hot rice. Aside from its nutritional value, it can subsequently be made using organic ingredients.
Chicken Broccoli And Mushroom Stir-fry
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into ¾" pieces
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated (*see note)
- 2 medium garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tsp sesame oil, optional but recommended
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil (I used extra light olive oil), divided
- 1¼ lb broccoli (about 6 cups broccoli florets)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- ¾ lb (12 oz) white button mushrooms, sliced
- Trim excess fat from the chicken breast and use paper towels to pat dry. Toss your chicken with flour (¼ cup) in a bowl till it coats evenly and then remove it from the bowl.
- For the sauce: add a cup of chicken stock, honey ¼ cup, grated ginger ½ Tbsp, soy sauce ¼ cup, sesame oil 2 tsp to the earlier bowl with flour and smoothly stir.
- Using medium heat, heat a heavy-bottomed skillet and add olive oil (1 Tbsp). When oil gets hot, add the pieces of chicken and evenly spread out. Give it a minute before your stir, then stir-fry until browned and remove it afterward.
- Using that pan, add oil (1 Tbsp) and once it is hot, add sliced mushroom, onions, and broccoli florets (small) and stir-fry for 4 minutes.
- Stir this sauce once more and pour in the hot vegetables. Using medium heat, boil while constantly stirring. Simmer for 2 minutes then add your chicken and allow it to cook for a further 30 seconds.