If you are a newbie, then this is the best routine you can start with to have washboard abs.
More advanced ab workouts will come later, but you have to have a smooth start to start building upon in the future. Never forget that you have to fix your diet as well to see some results. Check the 7 day meal plan for some healthy recipes.
All you need to perform this beginner workout is a mat, 1 set of weights, some water, and a timer.
Set your timer to 50 seconds of doing reps and 10 seconds of rest. After finishing the routine, just repeat it for one more time.
1. Basic Crunch: Lay down on your back with your knees 90 degrees bent. Put your hands on your chest and lift up your shoulder blades from the ground and look to the sky.
2. Toe to Hand Diagonal Crunch: Lay down on your back with your arms and legs stretched. Cross one of your arms with its alternating leg by raising up your shoulder blade. Go back to the starting position and repeat for the other pair.
3. Toe Touches: Lay down on your back with your arms and legs stretched in the air in an orthogonal position to your body. Crunch up to touch your toes with your hands.
4. Leg raises: Lay down on your back and put your hands straight beside you. Straighten your legs and pull them to your face till they make a 90 degree angle with your body.
5. Bicycles: Put your hands behind your neck while laying down on your back. Cross your body with one elbow with a twist while crunching with the alternating knee. Go back to the start position and repeat for the other pair.