This is a delicious recipe to have to hand and all of the ingredients are store room essentials so your shopping list will be minimal. Looking for a healthy recipe with familiar ingredients?
Then spiced beef with chili roasted sweet potato is on the top of your priority list.
Spiced Beef with Chili Roasted Sweet Potato
- Ingredients - Spiced Beef:
- 1lb/450g minced beef
- 1 red onion-very finely diced
- 6 mushrooms-chopped
- 1 ½ mixed peppers-finely diced
- 3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Pinch chilli powder
- Pinch curry powder
- Ingredients - Spiced Sweet Potatoes:
- 2 large sweet potatoes-peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 dessertspoon oil
- Salt & black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder (or more as desired)
- Start with heating a large pan and add the onions, mushrooms and peppers till they get brownish. Then add the beef and cook for few minutes until it starts changing color. After that, add chili sauce, chili powder, soy sauce, and curry powder and let the beef be cooked at high heat in the sauce. The other part of the recipe is making the roasted sweet potato, which begins by adding oil, seasoning, and chili powder to the sweet potatoes and place them on a tray in the oven for minutes at 190 degrees Celsius.